Craig Mandell is dedicated to resolving complex controversies with creative solutions.
Craig represents clients in all areas of family law, via dispute resolution and/or litigation. Craig serves as a court-appointed child’s representative and guardian ad litem in the Circuit Court of the 19th Judicial Circuit, Lake County, Illinois. He is also a certified mediator. In addition to his experience as a family law attorney, Craig possesses a background in commercial litigation.
Why Clients Choose Craig
Clients turn to Craig because of his customized approach to the handling of family law cases, understanding that the needs of each family differ considerably.
Craig understands that every family law controversy is extremely personal and stressful for the spouses, parents, and children involved. He is focused on finding ways to efficiently conclude cases, allowing clients finality, closure, and a path forward.
- Illinois Super Lawyers
- Super Lawyer, 2021 – Present
- Rising Star, 2013 – 2014, 2016 – 2020
- Leading Lawyers Network
- Leading Lawyer, 2017 – Present
- Emerging Lawyer, 2015 – 2017
- The Best Lawyers in America® for the practice of Family Law, 2016 – Present
- Law Bulletin Publishing Company, 40 Under 40 Honoree, 2018
Publications & Presentations
- General Provisions – IICLE Drafting Marital Settlement Agreements Workshop, Chicago and Normal, Illinois, 2019
- Direct-Pay Children’s Expenses Under Revised Illinois Marriage and Dissolution of Marriage Act – IICLE Child Support and Maintenance Seminar – Chicago, May 2017
- Lake County Bar Association Family Law Committee, Vice-Chair, 2020 – 2022
- Lake County Bar Association , Member, 2020 – Present
- Prairie State Legal Services Fundraising Committee, Member, Waukegan, 2020 – Present
- Prairie State Legal Services “Strike a Chord” Benefit, Performer, 2016 – Present
DePaul University College of Law, J.D., 2006, Certificate in Family Law
University of Colorado at Boulder, 2002
Lake County Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Member, 2020 – Present
- Family Law Committee, Vice Chair, 2020 – Present
- Gridiron Committee, Co-Chair, 2018, 2020
- Family Law Forms Committee, 2014
Illinois State Bar Association
- Assembly Member, 2017 – 2019
Jefferson Inn, American Inns of Court, Member, 2016 – Present