Berger Schatz, one of the most highly regarded and largest family law firms in the nation, is seeking a results-driven Executive Director to lead the firm’s administrative support staff and manage the day-to-day administrative and operational functions of the firm.
This position will be responsible for:
- Supervising and evaluating all non-timekeeper personnel
- Evaluating, managing and improving the firm’s operating and information systems
- Overseeing the firm’s finance functions
- Assisting in the marketing of the firm’s legal services and client development activities
- Evaluating, managing and supervising the facilities of the firm
This position will thoroughly analyze financial, operations, policies and procedures, in order to continually improve the firm and reports directly to the Executive Committee. Additionally, this position is expected to meet regularly with the Executive Committee to help achieve the short and long-term goals of the firm.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or similar work experience
- Minimum of 10 years of increasing management experience with a professional services firm, preferably with a law firm
- Proven ability to identify and analyze problems and recommend and implement solutions
- Must be a hands-on, flexible and customer-oriented leader
- Highly organized, with attention to detail and self-directed work style
- Excellent oral and written skills to communicate effectively with all levels of the firm
- Outstanding technology skills, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and accounting software
The successful candidate must possess proven leadership, analytical and strategic thinking abilities, ability to multi-task and superior interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate is approachable, positive, smart, genuine and confident, thrives on problem solving, and strives to help others to be productive and happy within a collaborative and service-oriented professional services environment. The firm values its culture, people and the clients it serves and, therefore, values and seeks an Executive Director with similar traits.
If you are qualified, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
NOTICE TO LEGAL SEARCH FIRMS: Berger Schatz LLP does not accept applications or resumes from placement or search agencies. There are no exceptions to this policy, no contract will be formed, and no placement fee will be paid with respect to any resume submitted to the Firm by an agency. Resumes received by agencies will be immediately discarded.
Berger Schatz LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer—M/F/D/V. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability in any of our recruitment, hiring, or placement processes.