Aura Lichtenberg represents clients in all aspects of family law proceedings.
Aura devotes her practice to all aspects of family law, specializing in the litigation, negotiation, and alternative dispute resolution of divorce and post-divorce matters, parentage and support matters, premarital and postmarital agreements, and incidents involving domestic violence.
Aura has practiced exclusively in family law since graduating from law school in 2011 and has participated in trials in Cook, DuPage and McHenry Counties. Her experience includes handling matters involving high net worth families, the valuation of businesses and business interests, asset tracing and complex financials, contested custody/allocation of parental responsibilities, interstate and international jurisdiction issues and ancillary matters involving chancery, and law division claims.
While in law school, Aura held judicial externships with the Honorable Richard J. Elrod (dec.) in the law division of Cook County, the Honorable Anne Collins Dole in the domestic violence division of Cook County and with the 18th Judicial Circuit Court of Illinois (DuPage County).
- Chicago Lawyer‘s 40 Under Forty recipient, 2020
- Leading Lawyers Network, Emerging Lawyer, 2017 – Present
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2021 – Present
- Best Lawyers, Ones to Watch, 2021– Present
- IMDMA/Case Law Updates & Practical Applications – Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, Family Law Webcast Series, December 2017