We offer a variety of opportunities for lawyers and professional staff. Our culture attracts team members who are dedicated to client service and collaboration.
Diversity and inclusion are guiding principles in both our firm and our work.
In addition to a collegial working environment, we are proud to offer competitive salaries, benefits, quality of life hours (work/life balance), and opportunity for advancement.
For additional information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business Development and Marketing Manager
Berger Schatz LLP., one of the most preeminent matrimonial law firms in the nation, with offices in Chicago and Lake Forest, Illinois, is seeking a full-time Business Development and Marketing Manager with three years’ (3) experience, law firm environment preferred. This highly visible position leads the firm-wide marketing and business development efforts, and the individual will report directly to the Executive Director and Firm Marketing Committee.
The ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running with an energetic, positive and “can do” attitude. They will be highly motivated, client-service- and results-oriented and possess excellent computer, organizational, collaborative, interpersonal and communication (oral-written) skills. They will build relationships within the organization, have a professional demeanor and always maintain a high level of confidentiality.
The Manager’s focus will be to collaborate with the firm’s practice leaders to implement all aspects of the firm’s business development, marketing and communication strategy. They will also develop and maintain processes and procedures to ensure that the firm’s business development and marketing efforts—including proposals, client events, webinars, firm/attorney positioning and internal and external communication initiatives—are planned, executed and tracked efficiently and effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications, journalism or related field
- Three (3) plus years of business development, digital marketing and marketing experience in a law firm and/or professional service firm
- Ability to assess, prioritize, problem solve and execute multiple assignments in a high volume and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and efficiently to meet tight deadlines
- Significant experience managing projects with multiple contributors
- Previous law firm experience highly desired
- Graphic design experience a plus
- Oversee the firm’s marketing and business development budgets; analyze data for ROI and make recommendations for future spends on marketing ads, events, campaigns and initiatives
- Proactively research industry and competitive intelligence to enhance business development strategies, opportunities and exposure in legal market for the firm to expand client base
- Seek out and collaborate with attorneys to increase their social media presence, business development, client-specific presentations/ speaking engagements and assist with client-facing media and marketing events
- Lead the firm’s digital marketing campaign
- Plan and oversee the execution of all marketing events
- Responsible to create, draft, update and post content to our website and social media platforms
- Create and maintain cohesive messaging and branding across all marketing platforms
- Research, identify and assist with nominations and submissions for awards and legal directories
- Handle marketing, donations and sponsorships for the firm
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledgeable of Google Analytics, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) experience
- Strong professional writing, proofreading and editing skills (writing sample required)
We offer a competitive salary and benefits. If this opportunity interests you, then please forward a cover letter with salary expectations, writing sample and resume to email@example.com.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibilities and essential functions of this position but is not an all-inclusive listing of the work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.