We offer a variety of opportunities for lawyers and professional staff. Our culture attracts team members who are dedicated to client service and collaboration.
Diversity and inclusion are guiding principles in both our firm and our work.
In addition to a collegial working environment, we are proud to offer competitive salaries, benefits, quality of life hours (work/life balance), and opportunity for advancement.
For additional information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family Law Litigation Paralegal
Berger Schatz, a high-profile matrimonial and family law firm is seeking a full time Paralegal for its Family Law Practice. The successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of tasks, including both billable hour and administrative tasks. Hours for this position are 8:45 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, working remotely and in the downtown Chicago office. This position is a non-exempt position.
The Litigation Paralegal will assist in:
- All aspects of document management and organization, discovery, financial analysis and trial preparation in various jurisdictions
- Preparation, organization and analysis of large document productions
- Gathering, preparing and summarizing relevant case materials for attorney review
- 3-5 years family law litigation experience or 5+ years litigation paralegal experience preferred
- Paralegal certification preferred, but will also consider individuals working toward certification
- Strong computer skills are required, Excel and electronic database management
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with challenging tasks and daily deadlines
- Index, organize and analyze legal and other documents
- Review, analyze and summarize financial records
- Prepare deposition summaries
- Coordinate and participate in document production
- May assist with witness preparation and attend depositions as required
- Assist with trial preparation and may attend and assist the attorneys during trial
- Obtain information using the Westlaw and Lexis systems
- Communicate with clients, court personnel, experts, attorneys, and others by telephone, in person and in writing, obtaining, and giving information as directed
- Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to, prepare discovery and responses, independently perform tasks and work within a team environment
- Working knowledge of State and Federal Rules of Court
- Prepare Interrogatories and Requests for Production and Answer written discovery requests
- Prepare Notice of Deposition forms
- Prepare and issue subpoenas and riders
- Preparation of Financial Affidavits and other financial documents reflecting a client’s income, expenses, assets and liabilities
- Handle routine communications with client, attorneys, vendors, etc.
- Database management is an essential component
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Document Management Systems – iManage
- Legal Research Tools – Lexis Nexis, Summation or WestLaw
- Billing Systems –Omega
- Docketing Systems – Vision, Omega
- Adobe Acrobat
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibilities and essential functions of this position but is not an all-inclusive listing of the work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.