Molly Haunty’s practice involves all aspects of family law, with a focus on complex financial litigation. She is also well versed in the preparation of premarital and postmarital agreements.
Molly has significant experience in both litigation and alternative dispute resolution in divorce and post-divorce matters. Additionally, Molly represents clients with their assisted reproduction needs, including adoption, egg/sperm donation contracts, gestational surrogacy contracts, and contracts governing the disposition of embryos.
Prior to joining Berger Schatz, Molly worked on a John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation grant representing indigent youth with the Bluhm Legal Clinic, Children and Family Justice Center at Northwestern Pritzker School of Law (her alma mater).
While in law school, Molly held judicial externships with the Honorable Judge Marvin Aspen and the Honorable Magistrate Judge Morton Denlow, both of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Molly works to identify the issues that are most important to her clients and present arguments in a well reasoned rationale manner. She is known for consensus building to efficiently resolve issues for her clients interests.
Molly is recognized for her uncanny ability to ease the stress that her clients experience as they work through divorces, premarital agreements, property division, and child custody issues.
Molly’s participation in philanthropic and community ventures is important to her. In 2018, Molly chaired the annual Wellness House Gala raising over $670,000 for the Wellness House of Hinsdale’s programs supporting those impacted by cancer.
- Leading Lawyers Network, Emerging Lawyer 2015 – Present
- 40 Under Forty, Law Bulletin Media, 2018
- Illinois Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2016 – Present
- Crain’s Chicago Business Notable Women in Law, 2022
- Marketing Committee, Co-Chair
- Hiring Committee/Summer Associate & Law Clerk Program, Co-Chair
- Hinsdale Wellness House Board of Directors, member, 2021 – Present
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metropolitan Chicago mentoring program, mentor, 2019 – Present
- Hinsdale Historical Society Women’s Board, 2013 – Present
- Grace Episcopal Church of Hinsdale’s Vestry, 2018 – Present
- Grace Children’s Academy Board, 2015 – 2018
Publications & Presentations
- What the Pandemic Taught me About Being a Working Mom, 2020
- Can We Represent People We Know, Berger Schatz, 2022