Zora represents clients in all areas of family and matrimonial law, with an emphasis on complex financial matters, asset tracing, business valuation, and premarital and postmarital agreements.
Why Clients Choose Zora
Zora is a seasoned negotiator and skilled litigator who brings a thoughtful and thorough approach to the practice of law. Zora begins with understanding her client’s needs and goals, and tailors a creative strategy to most effectively achieve a successful resolution, whether through mediation, negotiated settlement or – when necessary – litigation. Zora’s clients appreciate her advocacy and insight, as well as her ability to bring calm to a situation.
Zora’s dedication to advocacy extends beyond the area of family law. Her passion for human rights led her to New Delhi, India, where she spent a five-month sabbatical researching, developing, and presenting training programs to educate and empower women in economically under-privileged communities to defend their rights to clean water and sanitation, food security, and housing. During her stay in India Zora also conducted field research, interviewing and documenting mothers who experienced violations of their maternal health rights. As a pro bono attorney with Freedom Now, she filed a complaint with the United Nations Working Group on Arbitrary Detention on behalf of an Uzbekistani citizen to secure his release from prison where he was being tortured. As a volunteer Medical Advocate with Rape Victim Advocates, Zora provided crisis counseling and advocated on behalf of survivors of sexual assault with hospital staff and law enforcement. She has also lobbied for legislation concerning human rights issues at the state and federal level. As a volunteer with Global Volunteers, Zora taught English to underprivileged children at a school and an orphanage in Chennai, India, and to adults in Cuba.
- Crain’s Chicago Most Influential Women Attorneys in Chicago, 2017
- The Best Lawyers in America® for the practice of Family Law, 2015 – Present
- Illinois Super Lawyers, 2012 – Present
- Leading Lawyers Network, 2006 – Present
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metropolitan Chicago, Mentor, 2019 – Present
- Chicago Chapter of the U.S. National Committee for UN Women, Public Affairs Committee, 2017 – 2018
- Freedom Now, Pro Bono Attorney, 2016 – 2017
- Human Rights Watch Chicago Committee, Member, 2012 – 2018
- Circuit Court of Cook County Illinois, Court Facilitator, 2011 – Present
DePaul University College of Law, J.D., 1995
University of Illinois, Urbana- Champaign, B.A., 1992
United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
Serbian Bar Association, Board of Directors, 2006 – 2008
Illinois State Bar Association, Member